This second edition of "Signs You Watch Too Much Lost" comes courtesy some fans that have posted photos of their Lost parties online.
The first one is comedian Josh Lay, pictured above. He also has a short video of his Lost Season 5 finale party here. I want some chicken.
You think he watches too much Lost?
Well think again.
Next up is "Shanessa", who has posted pics of two awesome Lost parties, one for the Season 5 premiere and the other for the finale. Both of these parties are out of control.
First up, look at the invitations:
And of course there was Cluck's chicken, DHARMA beer, and all that. But as a nice touch, there were some more obscure Lost-themed food items, Ben's cereal, and for a decidedly hot touch, Kate's strawberries:
If you're not an uber-fan, here's a reminder of Aaron's handiwork from Season 4's episode 10 from Lost-media:
This is just the tip of the iceberg. There are more theme rooms, and of course costumes (one of which we'll enshrine at the WHTGB section of LostROFL). If you want to see more photos from Shanessa's Lost parties, check out her two albums (one for each party) at Picasa here.
And there you go. Definitive evidence that although you may watch too much Lost, there are some people who watch WAY too much.
Today, Lost has been solved. Let us explain:
THE CHRISTMASTIME THEORY
1. Jacob is Santa Claus.
2. The Others are his Elves, and the Island is their movable North Pole elf army lair. Hence their obsession with fake beards, to better emulate their jolly leader.
3. The Others are obsessed with who the "Good People" are: Why? It's Santa's list of who's been naughty or nice! Remember Ben, he told Locke that he didn't kill him while trapped under the hatch's blast door because he was a "good one"? Also remember Goodwin: "Nathan was not a good person. That's why he wasn't on the list." So Santa has a List of who's been naughty or nice-- and now we know he sometimes orders hits on the naughty. Kids: Better be nice!
4. Magnetism is explained: The Island is originally from the North Pole, and the magnetic link portal to the pole still exists at a fundamental level. This is why compasses go haywire on the island!
5. The Incident explained: Santa Claus sometimes needs to replenish his reindeer stock. He can open a magnetic portal to the polar regions to get more animals... except sometimes he hauls through polar bears by mistake! Polar bears eat reindeer, hence the need to periodically import more reindeer (and possibly polar bears) yet again. It's a vicious cycle!
6. The radio tower is used to receive transmissions of all the children's letters to Santa, forwarded by his DHARMA corps on every continent.
7. The mysterious parachute supply drop that Ben orchestrated from the Hatch computer? This is merely Santa's magical toy delivery system, and it works to drop toys anywhere around the world!
8. Charles Widmore is the Grinch, who simply wants to STEAL CHRISTMAS. For the Lost series finale, we'll see him in a Santa Suit, and Desmond and Penny in green tights and Elf suits. Juliet too. And Hurley. Oh, and Jack gets coal in his stocking.
Have a happy holidays everyone!